Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
January 19: Top Ten Books I’ve Recently Added To My TBR (inspired by Jamie’s New To The Queue posts)
Rowena: As an avid reader, I’m always adding books to my TBR pile. Like, all the time so this Top Ten Tuesday isn’t going to be hard finding books to list, what’s going to be hard is narrowing down my list but I’m going for it so here we go…
1) All Closed Off by Cora Carmack. I absolutely love Cora Carmack’s Rusk University series but this particular story started a couple of books back and I’m pretty anxious for this one. In All Broke Down, something bad happens to the heroine of this book and we’re finally going to get not only her story (because right now, we know what happened but that’s all we know. Just that it happened.) but we’re also going to get her happy ending. Stella is a character that I loved right from the very beginning and I was heartbroken for her in All Broke Down so I’m rooting for her and I’m definitely rooting for her hero because we know him too and I LOVE the hell out of him.
2) Jockblocked by Jen Frederick. The first book in this series, Sacked released last year and I loved it. I thought it was such an enjoyable romance between the big man on campus and his teammates sister. Everything about that book worked for me and there were quite a bit of characters that were introduced that I freaking fell in love with. There’s Knox’s twin brother Ty. There’s Ellie’s brother Jack and Ellie’s roommate as well, so many of the guys on the team, just so many characters that I came to love so when I found out about this book, I couldn’t add it to my TBR list fast enough. I want this book now, no matter who’s book it is.
3) Untitled Book from Untitled Ivy Years Spin Off by Sarina Bowen. The Ivy Years series is another one of my favorite series ever and Trevi was a part of that series. I heart Trevi. I want more for Trevi than that horrible side piece that was glued to his side through each of the books in the Ivy Years series so when Bowen announced that she’s writing a spin off to the Ivy Years series and Trevi was getting a book, I did a happy dance that looked similar to this:
Yeah Trevi…go and get your girl (that is not the horrible girlfriend of yours from the Ivy Years books). I can’t wait to get my greedy paws on this book.
4) All books that Elle Kennedy has coming out this year. I’ve recently added a bunch of books by Elle Kennedy to my TBR pile because frankly, Elle Kennedy is the bomb. She was probably my top author of 2015 and I cannot wait to read all of the books she’s coming out with this year. All of them. Every single one of them. On each release date of all of her books, I’ll be dancing like Michael Jackson in that gif up there. Haha. I’m not lying either.
5) Because of Miss Bridgerton by Julia Quinn. I loved the Bridgerton series by Julia Quinn and to hear that we’re getting a prequel to that series, that the heroine for this book is the sister to Edmund Bridgerton (the father who died from a bee sting) is really interesting to me. I’m so down for this book and cannot wait to get this one read.
6) Sebring by Kristen Ashley. I haven’t read any of the other books in this series because the anti-hero doesn’t appeal to me. I’ve heard wonderful things about Nick, though, so I recently bought this one. I’ll get to it soon.
7) My American Duchess by Eloisa James. I’ve only read a couple novels by James, but Rowena loved this one (she even said it made her cry) so I’m adding it to the top of my TBR pile.
8) Brotherhood in Death by J.D. Robb. I’m several books behind in this series, but it’s Mr. Mira!! I’m ridiculously excited for this one
9) A Solider’s Promise by Karen Templeton. I adore Templeton’s real-life approach to romance, but she kind of fell off my radar. I’m excited for this upcoming release.
10) Against the Wall by Jill Sorenson. I love Sorenson’s dark romances and I love New Adult romances. A New Adult romance from Sorenson? Sign me up!
Those are just the releases coming out within the next month that I’m dying for. I’m also looking forward to all the books on Rowena’s list, plus about 500 others. As evidenced by our Books to Binge On posts each month, we’re book whores.
What books have you recently added to your TBR pile?