Here at Book Binge, we have decided to try our hand at spotlighting different authors every month and in addition to spotlighting an author every month, we’ll be doing an author poll of the spotlighted author and then a hero showdown of the all of the author’s heroes from her books.
We think that it will be a good way to liven up this joint over here so be on the look out for more Author Spotlights as the months go on.
Our first author spotlight goes to Linda Howard.
Linda S. Howington (b. August 3, 1950 in Alabama, U.S.A.) is an Americanromance/suspense author. Under her pseudonym Linda Howard best-selling author. Before she became a writer she was an avid reader herself and was fond of is a New York TimesMargaret Mitchell novels. After 21 years of penning stories for her own enjoyment, she submitted a novel for publication, which was very successful. She currently lives in Alabama with her husband and two golden retrievers.
She began to write at nine years old, and wrote for twenty years for her own enjoyment. She worked at a trucking company, where she met her husband, and then decided to try and get her work published in 1980. Her first work was published by Silhouette in 1982. She is a charter member of Romance Writers of America, joining in 1981 shortly after it was formed. She currently serves as Region 3 Director (until 31 October 2008).
Her husband is a professional bass tournament fisherman, and she travels with him to some very unglamorous locations where she works on her laptop. Linda and her husband live in a big house on a farm in Alabama, where they raise cattle and have two dogs.
Her friends include the authors: Catherine Coulter, Iris Johansen and Kay Hooper.
Linda Howard is one of our favorite authors. She has made us happy, book after book that we’ve read of hers. From Mr. Perfect to Heart of Fire she has not disappointed. Her ability to weave a story with fantastic characters and in your face storylines makes it impossible for you to not fall in love with all of her sexy heroes because Linda Howard can write a sexy hero.
Let’s get to that poll:
1. What is your favorite book by Linda Howard?
2. Who is your favorite hero by Linda Howard?
3. Who is your favorite heroine by Linda Howard?
4. What secondary character’s story do you want Linda Howard to write?
5. What’s your least favorite book by Linda Howard?
6. Who’s your least favorite Linda Howard hero?
7. Which heroine by Linda Howard did you want to throttle?
8. Did you like the incest in Shades of Twilight?
9. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the sexiest, how would you rate Ben Lewis? (Hey, I had to do it)
10. If you could get Linda Howard to write YOUR story, how would you want your hero to be written?