Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Freebie: Books I Read Because of Other Bloggers
This week’s topic was a freebie and since we’re new to this feature, the skies the limit for us. I chose to list our top ten books we read because of other bloggers.
Rowena: I’m very easily persuaded to try something out, if it’s something that I want to read. Holly will try to tell you otherwise since I’ve been known to wait YEARS to try a book that she’s recommended but don’t listen to her. 😉
Here are the books that I’ve read because other bloggers have suggested them.
- Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs (Kaetrin): I read this book as part of the Five Books Everyone Should Read Challenge even though it’s been on my TBR list for a long ass time. I’m so glad that I finally read it too because it was great stuff. I can’t wait to continue the series.
Roommates by Erin Leigh (JenB): JenB recommended this book to me and it took me a little while to get it read but I DID! I read it over the weekend and I adored BJ and Nate-Dog’s romance. They were so cute!
Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh (Julie James): I’m counting Julie James as a blogger cause she keeps a blog up for her author website. I saw her wearing a JUDD IS MY BOYFRIEND button at RWA a couple of years ago and knew that I was going to read that book and I did. Loved it. Freaking LOVED IT.
Sincerely, Carter by Whitney Gracia Williams (Ames): Ames is probably one of my biggest book pimps. She never steers me wrong either and I read this book last year because she loved it. I loved it just as much as she did and I feel a re-read coming on because I loved it that much.
True North by Liora Blake (Tracy): Tracy is another blogger that I get a lot of reading recommendations from. I like reading her reviews cause they’re always thorough and I can always tell which book I’m going to enjoy from her reviews and this was one of them. She didn’t steer me wrong because I ended up glomming this entire series in one shot.
Holly: (Listen to me. This girl is a big fat liar. Ask her how many times I asked her to read Dragon Bound before she finally did…go ahead. Ask. She never listens to me.) I haven’t been reading many new-to-me authors lately. I’ve been in a funk and just haven’t felt like reading new things. Thankfully I’ve still gotten some good recommendations.
- Alpha and Omega: A Companion Novella to Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs (Jane). Jane from Dear Author recommend this to me several years ago (I had never read a Briggs novel at that point) and I ended up loving it. I adore Charles and Anna and I’m so glad I listened to Jane.
- Sincerely Carter by Whitney Gracia Williams (JenB). Jen and I text each other quite often with book recs, and she practically forced me to read this one. I’m so glad she did. It was such a cute read. I recently re-read it and loved it just as much the second time around.
- Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews (Ames). To be fair, I’m fairly certain this was recommended to me by several bloggers, but Ames was the most recent. I’d never read Andrews before. Ames glommed the Kate Daniels series earlier this year and pushed me to read it. I love the world and Kate is a kickass heroine.
- The In Death series by J.D. Robb (KristieJ). Kristie used to rave about the In Death series and I eventually succumbed and bought the first three books. 40-something books later and I’m still hooked.
- Sweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley (Lillie). To be completely honest, I’m not sure if this is the exactly KA book Lillie
pushed onrecommended to me, but I know I lost 3 full months of my life (and then some) because of her. I just couldn’t stop. Once I started reading KA I couldn’t stop. It was terrible…and wonderful.
What are some books you read because book bloggers recommended them? Did we help you find amazing books?