Casee: Wow. Like Rowena, April was an incredibly busy month for me. Anytime I became overwhelmed, I turned to reading. I haven’t done that in a long time. It is something that makes this girl very happy. Seriously happy. I read 12 books, which is a record for me.
- Stars of Fortune (Stars Trilogy #1) by Nora Roberts | 3.75 out of 5
- Brotherhood in Death (In Death #42) by J.D. Robb | 4 out of 5
- Whatever it Takes (Grey Justice #2) by Christy Reece | 3.75 out of 5
- Blood Kiss (Black Dagger Legacy #1) by J.R. Ward | 4 out of 5
- Allegiance of Honor by Nalini Singh | 4.5 out of 5
- Troublemaker by Linda Howard | 4 out of 5
- The Beast by J.R. Ward | 4.25 out of 5
- White Lies by Linda Howard | re-read 3.75 out of 5
- Mackenzie’s Mountain by Linda Howard | re-read 4.75 out of 5
- Alone in the Dark by Karen Rose | 4.5 out of 5
- Dark Promises by Christine Feehan | 2.5 out of 5
- The Obsession by Nora Roberts | 4.25 out of 5
My favorite book was Alone in the Dark by Karen Rose. There is just something about her writing that pulls you in and doesn’t spit you out until the very end. My least favorite was Dark Promises by Christine Feehan. It was perfectly awful.
Holly: I managed to read 11 books this month. Yes, I’m still in a slump. I wish I’d get over this. I want to read, I just don’t know what. I keep picking up books and setting them aside. It’s so frustrating.
- For You by Kristen Ashley (re-read) | 3.5 out of 5
- Phoenix Reborn by J.D. Tyler | 3.5 out of 5
- On the Edge by Ilona Andrews | 3.75 out of 5
- Bayou Moon by Ilona Andrews | 4.25 out of 5
- Troublemaker by Linda Howard | 4 out of 5
- Own the Wind by Kristen Ashley (re-read) | 4.25 out of 5
- Ride Steady by Kristen Ashley (re-read) | 4.25 out of 5
- Magic Shifts by Ilona Andrews | 4 out of 5
- Magic Stars by Ilona Andrews | 4 out of 5
- Magic Tests by Ilona Andrews | 3.75 out of 5
- The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata | 3.75 out of 5
My favorite reads of the month were Bayou Moon by Ilona Andrews and Troublemaker by Linda Howard. I didn’t love Troublemaker as much as I’ve loved some of Howard’s book in the past, but it was so much better than some of her more recent releases. Bayou Moon was so great. I loved Cerise and William.
My least favorite read was probably The Wall of Winnipeg and Me. I didn’t dislike it at all, it just wasn’t as good as the others I read.
Rowena: April was a busy month for me and I didn’t feel much like reading for a lot of the month so my reading numbers are way down. Between how busy work was, getting sick for a bit and then all of Brenna’s basketball stuff on top of Relay for Life…it just didn’t leave a lot of time to read so I only read 8 books in the entire month. Yikes!
- The Natural History of Us (Fine Art of Pretending #2) by Rachel Harris | 3.75 out of 5
- Paper Princess (The Royals #1) by Erin Watt | 4 out of 5
- Branded by Fire (Psy-Changelings #6) by Nalini Singh | 4.5 out of 5
- Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changelings #7) by Nalini Singh | 3.5 out of 5
- Own the Wind (Chaos #1) by Kristen Ashley (re-read) | 3.75 out of 5
- Summer of Sloane by Erin L. Schneider | 3.5 out of 5
- Sidebarred (Legal Briefs #3.5) by Emma Chase | 5 out of 5
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson | 3.75 out of 5
My favorite read of the month is hands down Sidebarred by Emma Chase. It was a novella so there wasn’t a lot of page time to wow me but she did and I loved seeing Jake, Chelsea and the gang again. It was cute, fun and steamy and everything I love in contemporary romances. I couldn’t ask for anything more.
My least favorite read of the month is probably Blaze of Memory by Nalini Singh. It wasn’t a bad book but its probably the book that I enjoyed the least. It took me a long time to read that book, Katya and Dev frustrated me for a good chunk of the book but I did cry like a baby toward the end so the book was good, just not my favorite.
This month we’re giving away:
If you want to be entered to win, leave a comment on this post telling us what your favorite – and least favorite – reads of the month were. Also, be sure to tell us what book you’re interested in winning. You can put your name in for more than one book, but you’ll only be allowed to win one, so choose wisely.
So…what was your favorite read of the month? And your least favorite? Use the Rafflcopter Widget to enter! Good luck!