Casee: The summer is always a busy time for me. Between working and kids, it’s surprising that I have time to read at all. I’m not in a slump at all, it’s just finding time to read. Though my list isn’t big for June, I read some very good books.
- The Darkest Torment by Gena Showalter | 4.5 out of 5
- What We Find by Robyn Carr | 3 out of 5
- Dragonbane by Sherrilyn Kenyon | 3.75 out of 5
- Born of Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon | 3.5 out of 5
- Into the Whirlwind by Kat Martin | 3.5 out of 5
- Because of You by Jessica Scott | 3.75 out of 5
- Back to You by Jessica Scott | 4.5 out of 5
My favorite book by far was Back to You by Jessica Scott. It was also the most emotional book I’ve read in some time. I loved it. I think the author did a remarkable job of writing what military life is like for families. Of course I could be wrong since I’m not from a military family.
Holly:Things have been crazy for me. I’ve had zero reading time. I did a lot of skimming this month, but I only managed to read 6 books cover-to-cover.
- Bittersweet by Sarina Bowen (re-read) | 4/5
- Steadfast by Sarina Bowen | 4/5
- Diablo Lake: 4. Moonstruck by Lauren Dane | 3/5
- Fairytale Come Alive by Kristen Ashley (re-read) | 4/5
- Sweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley (re-read) | 4/5
- The Return of Eden McCally by Judith Duncan (re-read) | 4/5
My favorite read of the month was Steadfast by Sarina Bowen. I had some problems with it, but oh man did I love Jude. My least favorite read was Diablo Lake: Moonstruck by Lauren Dane. I didn’t dislike it, but I didn’t enjoy it as much as some of the others I read.
Rowena: June was such a busy month for me that I’m surprised I got as much reading in as I did. My nephew came home from serving a two year mission in Nicaragua, my niece got married and then a handful of graduations and promotions kept my family in town and our house loud and just…busy. I’m looking forward to getting back to normal in July.
Here’s what I read in June:
- Allegiance of Honor (Psy/Changelings #15) by Nalini Singh | 4.25 out of 5
- For the Win (Perfect Play #1) by Sara Rider | 3.5 out of 5
- Bittersweet (True North #1) by Sarina Bowen | 4.75 out of 5
- Angel’s Blood (Guild Hunters #1) by Nalini Singh | 4.5 out of 5
- Smolder (Wildwood #2) by Karen Erickson | 4.25 out of 5
- Broken Prince (Royals #2) by Erin Watt | 4.25 out of 5
- Stay Until We Break (Hub City #2) by Mercy Brown | 3.5 out of 5
- The Billionaire Bachelor (Billionaire Bad Boys #1) by Jessica Lemmon | 4.25 out of 5
- Sweet Little Lies (Heartbreaker Bay #1) by Jill Shalvis | 4 out of 5
- Steadfast (True North #2) by Sarina Bowen | 4.5 out of 5
My favorite read of the month goes to the True North series by Sarina Bowen. I think I loved Bittersweet just a smidge more than Steadfast but both books were fantastic books. I’m thirsty for more from that group of characters but I can’t help but want a May and Zach pairing. Sorry Zara. You can have Kyle. 🙂 An honorary mention goes to Angels Blood by Nalini Singh though. That book was great too but I loved the Sarina Bowen books a little more.
My least favorite read of the month goes to For the Win by Sara Rider. I ended up liking the book but the characters, the main characters got on my nerves for a lot longer than the other characters I met and read about last month.
This month we’re giving away:
If you want to be entered to win, leave a comment on this post telling us what your favorite – and least favorite – reads of the month were. Also, be sure to tell us what book you’re interested in winning. You can put your name in for more than one book, but you’ll only be allowed to win one, so choose wisely.
So…what was your favorite read of the month? And your least favorite? Use the Rafflcopter Widget to enter! Good luck!