Casee: I read some very good books in July. I’ve decided not to go with volume, but with quality. I read eight books and most of them were very good. Most of the books I read were toward the end of the month because my family was out of town. It’s amazing how much reading time you can get in when there is absolute quiet.
- Shadow Game by Christine Feehan (re-read) | 3.5/5
- Mind Game by Christine Feehan (re-read) | 4/5
- Archangel’s Heart by Nalini Singh | 5/5
- Moonstruck by Lauren Dane | DNF
- Dark Carousel by Christine Feehan | 4.25/5
- The Secrets She Kept by Brenda Novak | 3/5
- The Bourbon Kings by J.R. Ward | 4/5
- The Strongest Steel by Scarlett Cole | 3.75/5
Obviously my favorite book was Archangel’s Heart by Nalini Singh. I love the Guild Hunter series. Holly and I were talking about the Guild Hunter series vs. the Psy/Changeling series at RWA and I felt guilty uttering aloud that I could possibly like the Guild Hunters more. Don’t tell anyone. The biggest surprise of the month was The Bourbon Kings. I was surprised at how much I liked it. It pulled me in and I loved the drama. I’m reading The Angels’ Share right now and it’s the same thing.
Rowena: July wasn’t the reading month I was hoping it would be. I’m still freaking behind in my Goodreads Reading Challenge, in all of my reading challenges if I’m being honest and that stinks. I’m going to try to do better in August so wish me luck.
Here’s what I read in July:
- Defending Taylor (Hundred Oaks #7) by Miranda Kenneally | 4 out of 5
- Hell Breaks Loose (Devils Rock #2) by Sophie Jordan | 3 out of 5
- To Have and to Hold (Wedding Belles #1) by Lauren Layne | 4.25 out of 5
- Just Kiss Me by Rachel Gibson | 3.75 out of 5
- Rock Wedding (Rock Kiss #4) by Nalini Singh | 4 out of 5
- You Before Anyone Else by Julie Cross & Mark Perini | 4 out of 5
- Back to You (Coming Home #2) by Jessica Scott |
- Ruthless (Lawless #1) by Lexi Blake | 4 out of 5
- For Better or Worse (Wedding Belles #2) by Lauren Layne | 4.5 out of 5
- Torch (Wildwood #3) by Karen Erickson | 3.75 out of 5
My favorite read of the month goes to For Better or Worse by Lauren Layne, the second book in the Wedding Belles series. I seriously loved this book and am loving the heck out of the series. It’s cute, it’s fun and the romance is hot! Josh Tanner rocked my socks and I adored Heather Fowler. This is a book that shouldn’t be missed if you enjoyed any of Layne’s other books. I adored it.
My least favorite read of the month goes to Hell Breaks Loose by Sophie Jordan and that’s more because I liked all of the other books that I read last month more. It’s a good book but there were a couple of things that I just couldn’t get over. Still, Reid was hot.
This month we’re giving away:
If you want to be entered to win, leave a comment on this post telling us what your favorite – and least favorite – reads of the month were. Also, be sure to tell us what book you’re interested in winning. You can put your name in for more than one book, but you’ll only be allowed to win one, so choose wisely.
So…what was your favorite read of the month? And your least favorite? Use the Rafflcopter Widget to enter! Good luck!