Holly: I often complain about the number of series books currently on the market, but I’m a total hypocrite. I always want to read more about the characters I love. I just can’t be pleased, apparently.
Series I fell in love with – or continue to love – in 2011:
1. Thea Harrison’s Elder Races series. Oh yes. Love.
2. Lauren Dane’s Federation series. Futuristic erotic rom with unexpected m/m love. Mmm.
3. The Pennyroyal Green series by Julie Anne Long – historical romance with smart characters. What more can you ask for?
4. The Iron Seas by Meljean Brook – Steampunk love.
5. Lucky Harbor series by Jill Shalvis – Flawed characters falling in love in a small Northern California Coastal town. Yes please.
An honorable mention goes to Sarah MacLean’s The Rules of Scoundrels series, a spinoff of her Love by Numbers series. I didn’t include it in my top 5 for two reasons 1) it doesn’t come out until 2012 and 2) I’ve only read one book. I have a feeling it’s going to make the 2012 list, though.
Rowena: I didn’t read too many romance series last year but I did enjoy a few. Here’s my favorite series from last year.
1. Lucky Harbor series by Jill Shalvis. Fabulous contemporary series. Love the small town of Lucky Harbor.
2. The Turners series by Courtney Milan. Adore the Turner brothers and am salivating at the mouth to start Smite’s story.
3. Sunshine, Idaho series by Jill Shalvis. Loved Dell’s addition to this series and cannot freaking wait for Adam’s story.
4. The Dressmakers series by Loretta Chase. Wonderful start to a series that I have such high hopes for, I’m confident that Chase will not disappoint.
5. Love by Numbers series by Sarah MacLean.
All of these series brought a lot of entertainment and enjoyment into my life last year for a variety of reasons but I absolutely adored each of these series and out of all of the series that I started or continued, these five are at the top of my favorites list.
Casee: I don’t think many new books are written that aren’t series books these days. While I love a good series, I don’t enjoy a series that drags on and on. A series
like the BDB that infinitely changes, doesn’t stick to any sort of schedule and just frustrates the reader in general.
My favorite series of 2011 were (and I expect will continue into 2012):
1. Psy/Changeling series by Nalini Singh
2. Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh (I’m a fangirl, I can’t help it)
3. Immortal After Dark series by Kresley Cole
4. Lords of the Underworld by Gena Showalter
5. Lords of Deliverance by Larissa Ione
What were your favorite series of 2011?