With only one week left of 2007, it’s about that time for us book lovers to break out our book journals and analyze the reading we did this year. It’s about that time where we decide which books were our favorites, what heroes we liked best and what heroines we only wanted to choke a little bit. With so many things to analyze, we’ve decided that here at Book Binge, we’ll be listing our favorites of the year. Until the end of the year, we’ll be listing our favorite heroes, heroines, secondary characters, genres and all that good stuff here at your neighborhood friendly Book Binge.
To kick things off, we decided that today we’ll be posting about our favorite Heroes. With the amount of reading that we did this year, this was no easy task. There were so many different heroes to choose from, with Dashing Dukes and Sexy SEALs and then Hottie Cowboys, how can you choose just one?
Because we’re suckers for a great hero, we decided that we would list our Top 5 Heroes of 2007. Now, this didn’t mean we’re only ranking our favorite heroes that came out in 2007, oh no…we’re ranking our top 5 heroes that we met for the first time this year as well as the ones that came out this year. So here’s what we came up with.
1) Jack Sheridan from Virgin River by Robyn Carr.
2) Sebastian Dain from Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase.
3) Mick Hennessey from Tangled Up In You by Rachel Gibson.
4) Alex Stewart from Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern.
5) Mitch Wyatt from Every Breath You Take by Judith McNaught.
Honorable Mentions: Dean Roubillard from Natural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Alec Buchanan from Murder List by Julie Garwood and Christian Hawkins and Kid Chronolopolous from Crazy Cool and Crazy Kisses by Tara Janzen.
It’s hard to choose my absolute favorite hero because look at my list? How can you choose just one of those guys as your favorite of ’07? If I absolutely had to, I think I’d choose Jack Sheridan because he embodies everything I want in a man…and I’d only choose him if I absolutely had to, like they were going to cut off my arm or one of my legs if I didn’t…if I didn’t have to choose just ONE hero to be my favorite, then all of them are my favorites, one for each day of the week! LOL.
In no particular order:
1) Restell Gardner from If His Kiss is Wicked by Jo Goodman
2) Viscount Simon Iddesleigh from The Serpent Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt
3) Roarke from JD Robb’s In Death Series
4) Judd Lauren from Nalini Singh’s Caressed by Ice
5) Colin Ames-Beaumont from Meljean Brook’s Demon Moon
I know there are tons of other ones I read about, and picking 5 was so hard for me, but I’m pretty confident in my choices…for now. Who knows what my picks will be next week. 🙂
1) Edward from Twilight
2) Sebastian from Lord of Scoundrels
3) Harry Potter from The Deathly Hallows
4) Dan from Dirty
5) Jack from Virgin River
Honorable mention: I have to list Connor from The Wedding. He didn’t earn the top 5 spot since this was a reread.
1) Judd Lauren from Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh
2) Jack Sheridan from Virgin River by Robyn Carr
3) Colin Thorne from My Steadfast Heart by Jo Goodman
4) Branden Kel Paten from Games of Command by Linnea Sinclair
5) Tegan from Midnight Awakening by Lara Adrian
Man but 2007 was a good year of the heroes, now that we’ve listed ours…who was YOUR favorite hero of 2007? Can you choose just one or are you a slutty hussies like us and had to choose 5? Let us know, we’re nosy like that.
Happy Reading Ya’ll!