*****As part of our 10 year anniversary celebration, we’ll be re-posting old reviews and posts that make us cringe, laugh or sigh all over again.
I saw the post over at The Book Vixen where they listed the books that they had no desire to read and realized that I have a whole lot of books that I don’t care to read either. Popular books that a lot of people seem to love that I just have no desire to read.
Here’s my list:
- Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. Holly is probably going to kill me for daring to list this book but it’s true. I have no desire to read this book. I can’t even be arsed to be ashamed…I just don’t wanna.
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I know a lot of people from work that read and loved this book. But me? Meh. Not going to touch it.
- The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks. I know that this book features the children of Noah and Allie from The Notebook, but meh…I can’t drum up any kind of excitement to want to read it…so I know I never will.
- All of the Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling. My friend Izzy tried to get me to read these books a long time ago and just as then, I still have no desire to read them. Don’t tell Izzy but even when I told her I was going to read them, I knew I wasn’t going to…they were just meh to me. I only watched the first movie too. Oh well.
- Styxx by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Back when I was really into this series, I wanted Styxx’s story but now that it’s out? Not interested. Not even a little interested either.
- Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James. Never wanted to read it and I don’t care how many people loved it, I’m never going to read these.
What are you some books that you have no desire to read?