Nalini Singh‘s latest release, Silver Silence, releases today. Silver Silence starts a new chapter in the Psy/Changeling world. To celebrate, we compiled a list of Ten Reasons to Read the Psy/Changeling Series.
The Psy-Changeling world is multi-layered and diverse. We travel from San Francisco to Moscow, and all around the globe. The characters are multi-dimensional and everything is so well thought-out and put together, the reader is fully immersed. But those aren’t the
real only reasons to read the series.
Ten Reasons to Read the Psy/Changeling Series
1) The World: The Psy/Changeling world is big and it’s complex but it’s so, so, so interesting. Each book paints deep and meaningful pictures of the characters that inhabit this world and each character you meet, you can’t help but feel things for them. Between the Changelings, the Psy’s and the Humans, there isn’t a shortage of interesting people to meet and either fall deeply in love with or hate with every fiber of your being because this world’s got it all. The good, the bad and just…everything. There’s much to love about the world that Singh created and to really understand what we mean, you have to try it for yourself.
2) Sexy Changelings: From sexy Alphas to strong Lieutenants and Sentinels to just about every Changeling you meet, there’s a Changeling for everyone. Lucas Hunter, the sexy as sin Alpha for the DarkRiver packs a mean sexy punch and Hawke Snow is no slacker in the sexy department but add in the other changelings in their pack and you’ll find more and more changelings that you won’t kick out your bed for eating crackers. There’s a changeling for everyone in this series. You won’t want to miss out on meeting them for yourself.
3) Intense(ly Sexy) Psy’s: If the Changeling males don’t catch your interest then there’s the intensely sexy Psy male and females that will rock your socks. Nalini Singh walked around RWA a few years ago with a JUDD IS MY BOYFRIEND pin and everyone wanted one for their own because Judd Lauren is the bomb dot com. You’ll meet plenty of Psy’s who you will want to melt yourself and then heat right back up because Singh wrote some melt in your mouth Psy’s that will change your life forever. 🙂
4) Strong, Smart Heroines: For every strong and smart hero in this series, there’s an equally strong and smart heroine. Some of the heroines in this novels were a lot smarter than everyone and seriously, who doesn’t love meeting a strong heroine who is smart and caring as well. There are a lot of great role models for young women in this series from Ashaya to Brenna to Mercy to Tamsyn and so many more. You’ll meet a lot of great women in this series so that’s another reason to read this series.
5) Cross race breeding: Sexy times is great and all but have you read about the freaky bedroom shenanigans of cross race couples? There’s some leopard and wolves action as well as Psy’s and humans and then Psy’s and changelings and seriously, the sexy times in this series is not to be missed.
6) Ice Cold Psy Sex (which is hotter than it may appear): Oh man, the sexy times featuring the Psy’s are a lot hotter than you’d think. Psy’s are just as curious about sex as anyone and sometimes their curiosity and their desire to be the greatest at everything made for some pretty hot sex scenes that’s not to be missed.
7) Hot Teleporting Sex (or ground-breaking telekinetic Psy sex): You’ll have to read about these sexy times to get what I mean…but let’s just say that sex around the world is on our bucket list…we’re just waiting for our sexy Psy to come out of hiding. 😉
8) Scary Bad Guys: The scary bad guys were really good at their jobs in this series. The creep factor and the dedication these bad guys had to being bad was off the charts. Each of the bad guys gave me the creeps and the stuff that they did and their reasons for doing what they did made for some pretty interesting (and disturbing) reads.
9) Scary Good Guys: For every scary bad guy, there was an even scarier good guy and that made us happy. There’s something about those guys who will fight to the death to protect those unable to defend themselves and we’ll always root those guys on and there were plenty of protectors that were pretty scary in this book and they’re the same guys iin #2 and #3.
10) Pack Mentality: One of the most famous lines in Disney’s Lilo & Stitch is, “Ohana means family and family means nobody gets left behind.” The Changelings live by the same standards and the love that each pack member has for each other is truly an amazing thing to behold in this book. We couldn’t help but fall in love with the Changeling way of life because nobody is ever truly alone in a pack and pack protects their own. You see Psy after Psy drop like flies when they meet and mate with a Changeling because when you grow up with no emotions and no family unit at your back, then find that family unit later in life…you’ll gravitate toward that and want it for your own. The love of pack is special and you’ll definitely want to read this series to see this unity for yourself.Silver Silence (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #1; Psy-Changeling, #16) by Nalini Singh
Series: Psy/Changeling #16, Psy/Changeling Trinity #1
Also in this series: Caressed By Ice, Mine to Possess, Hostage to Pleasure, The Magical Christmas Cat, Kiss of Snow, Tangle of Need, Slave to Sensation (Psy/Changeling #1), Heart of Obsidian, Shield of Winter, Shield of Winter, Visions of Heat, Mine to Possess, Caressed By Ice, Branded by Fire, Blaze of Memory, Mine to Possess, Hostage to Pleasure, Hostage to Pleasure, Shards of Hope, Shards of Hope, Heart of Obsidian, Caressed By Ice, Branded by Fire, Blaze of Memory, Play of Passion, Allegiance of Honor, Kiss of Snow, Tangle of Need, Shield of Winter, Shards of Hope, Allegiance of Honor, Allegiance of Honor, Wild Embrace, Wild Embrace, Wild Embrace, Silver Silence, Silver Silence, Tangle of Need, Silver Silence
Published by Berkley Books
Publication Date: June 13th 2017
Buy on Amazon | Barnes & Noble
New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh returns to her extraordinary Psy-Changeling world with a story of wild passion and darkest betrayal...
Control. Precision. Family. These are the principles that drive Silver Mercant. At a time when the fledgling Trinity Accord seeks to unite a divided world, with Silver playing a crucial role as director of a worldwide emergency response network, wildness and chaos are the last things she needs in her life. But that's exactly what Valentin Nikolaev, alpha of the StoneWater bears, brings with him.
Valentin has never met a more fascinating woman. Though Silver is ruled by Silence--her mind clear of all emotion--Valentin senses a whisper of fire around her. That's what keeps him climbing apartment buildings to be near her. But when a shadow assassin almost succeeds in poisoning Silver, the stakes become deadly serious...and Silver finds herself in the heart of a powerful bear clan.
Her would-be assassin has no idea what their poison has unleashed...
Order the Book:
About the Author
Bestselling author of the Psy-Changeling, Guild Hunter, and Rock Kiss series. She lives and works in beautiful New Zealand, and is passionate about writing.
If you’d like to explore her other books, you can find lots of excerpts and free short stories on her website. Slave to Sensation is the first book in the Psy-Changeling series, while Angels’ Blood is the first book in the Guild Hunter series. The Rock Kiss books are all stand alone and can be read in any order.