Holly: I spent the majority of November re-reading old Linda Howard favorites. I tend to go back to old favorites when I don’t have a lot of reading time because they’re easy to 1) finish in a single sitting or 2) set aside when I get busy.
- Fluency by Jennifer Foehner Wells | 3.5/5
- White Out by Linda Howard (re-read) | 4/5
- Soaring by Kristen Ashley (re-read) | 3/5
- Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard (re-read) | 3.5/5
- Dying to Please by Linda Howard (re-read) | 4/5
- The Way Home by Linda Howard (re-read) | 3/5
- Midnight Rainbow by Linda Howard (re-read) | 4/5
- Diamond Bay by Linda Howard (re-read) | 4/5
- Heartbreaker by Linda Howard (re-read) | 3.5/5
- White Lies by Linda Howard (re-read) | 3.5/5
- Mackenzie’s Mountain by Linda Howard (re-read) | 4/5
- Mackenzie’s Mission by Linda Howard (re-read) | 3.5/5
- A Game of Chance by Linda Howard (re-read) | 3/5
- How You See Her by Linda Howard (re-read) | 4/5
- Cry No More by Linda Howard (re-read) | 4.5/5
- Tears of the Renegade by Linda Howard (re-read) | 2.75/5
- Against the Rules by Linda Howard (re-read) | 3/5
- The Cutting Edge by Linda Howard (re-read) | 2.75/5
I don’t really have a favorite or least favorite read this month. Fluency was my only new read in November and it was just okay.
Rowena: November was a weird reading month for me. I’ve been trying to get back into reading the books on my review pile but I kept reading other books. I re-read a couple of books because I couldn’t get enough of the people in that world so I went back and revisited them. I also read a lot of books that I have bought myself and I think in the new year, I’m going to request less and read more of the books I already own. My attempt to keep myself honest on that front is to join Super Librarian Wendy’s TBR Challenge next year. Wish me luck on that.
- The Other Sister by Dianne Dixon | 2.5 out of 5
- Irresistibly Yours (Oxford #1) by Lauren Layne (re-read) | 4.25 out of 5
- I Wish You Were Mine (Oxford #2) by Lauren Layne (re-read) | 4.25 out of 5
- Fighting for Devlin (Lost Boys #1) by Jessica Lemmon | 4.25 out of 5
- Shut Up and Kiss Me (Lost Boys #2) by Jessica Lemmon | 4 out of 5
- Downed (Gridiron #3) by Jen Frederick | 4.75 out of 5
- First Step Forward (Grand Valley #1) by Liora Blake | 4 out of 5
- Idol (VIP #1) by Kristen Callihan | 3.5 out of 5
- Size Matters by Alison Bliss | 3.5 out of 5
- Managed (VIP #2) by Kristen Callihan | 4 out of 5
- Fly with Me (Wild Aces #1) by Chanel Cleeton | 4 out of 5
My favorite read of the month goes to Downed by Jen Frederick. Ace Anderson and Bryant Johnson were great characters and their romance completely worked for me. Jen Frederick continues to shine for me and she continues to impress the socks out of me with every book she releases. Downed was another example of that.
My least favorite read of the month goes to The Other Sister by Dianne Dixon. This book reminded me of my issues with The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. Every character was unlikable and I just couldn’t deal with all the meanness and drama. Everyone got on my nerves and meh. I just didn’t like it.
This month we’re giving away:
If you want to be entered to win, leave a comment on this post telling us what your favorite – and least favorite – reads of the month were. Also, be sure to tell us what book you’re interested in winning. You can put your name in for more than one book, but you’ll only be allowed to win one, so choose wisely.
So…what was your favorite read of the month? And your least favorite? Use the Rafflcopter Widget to enter! Good luck!