Casee: I completely feel like a piece of book poo. This is the second month that I’ve read less than 10 books. Since April, I had my reading mojo back. I conquered it. It was great. I felt great. The problem here is that I’m not in a slump. It’s that my concentration is shot. I feel like a toddler that can’t concentrate longer than 5 minutes at a time. It’s terrible.
I read two (so ashamed) books in October. Neither of them were good.
- Deadly Silence by Rebecca Zanetti | 2.5/5
- Family Sins by Sharon Sala | 3/5
Holly: Surprisingly, October was my best reading month of the year so far. I binge-read Ilona Andrews’ backlist this month, which helped. So did my re-read of Thea Harrison’s Elder Races series.
- Rules of Contact by Jaci Burton | 4.25/5
- Hard Hitter by Sarina Bowena | 4.25\5
- Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison (re-read) | 4.5/5
- The Oracle by Thea Harrison (re-read) | 4.5/5
- Lord’s Fall by Thea Harrison (re-read) | 4/5
- The Wicked by Thea Harrison (re-read) | 3.5/5
- Kinked by Thea Harrison (re-read) | 4.25/5
- Dragos Takes a Holiday (re-read) | 4.25/5
- Pia Saves the Day by Thea Harrison (re-read) | 4/5
- Peanut Goes to School by Thea Harrison (re-read) | 4/5
- Alphas: Origins by Ilona Andrews | 3.5/5
- Questing Beast by Ilona Andrews | 3/5
- Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews | 4.25/5
- Sweep in Peace by Ilona Andrews | 4.5/5
- One Fell Sweep by Ilona Andrews | 4.25/5
- Silver Shark by Ilona Andrews | 3.25/5
- Burn for Me by Ilona Andrews | 4/5
- Fate’s Edge by Ilona Andrews | 4/5
- Steel’s Edge by Ilona Andrews | 4.25/5
- Steadfast by Sarina Bowen (re-read) | 4.5/5
- Keepsake by Sarina Bowen | 4.5/5
- Rookie Move by Sarina Bowen (re-read) | 4/5
- Hard Hitter by Sarina Bowen | 4.25/5
- Saving Grace by Julie Garwood (re-read) | 4.5/5
- The Lion’s Lady by Julie Garwood (re-read) | 4.5/5
My favorite reads of the month were probably the Innkeeper Chronicles by Ilona Andrews. I’m not going to choose a favorite since I enjoyed all three, but Sweep in Peace might edge the other two out..just barely. Honorable mentions go to Keepsake and Hard Hitter by Sarina Bowen and Rules of Contact by Jaci Burton. My least favorite read of the month was probably Silver Shark by Ilona Andrews. I actually really enjoyed it, but I was sad to see it end and I’m irritated there aren’t more in the series.
Rowena: Normally, this is the time where my reading slows down but this year was a little different in that the entire freaking year was like a slow down because I just haven’t been reading like my normal self. That makes me sad but even with all of that going on, I still got some books read last month.
- Results May Vary by Bethany Chase | 4 out of 5
- The Goal (Off-Campus #4) by Elle Kennedy | 4 out of 5
- P.S. I Like You by Kasie West | 4 out of 5
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne | 4.25 out of 5
- Undecided (Burnham College #1) by Julianna Keyes (re-read) | 4.5 out of 5
- Sincerely, Carter (Sincerely, Carter #1) by Whitney Gracia Williams (re-read) | 4.5 out of 5
- Addicted (Outlaws #2) by Elle Kennedy | 3.5 out of 5
- Keepsake (True North #3) by Sarina Bowen | 4.5 out of 5
- Shadow Rider (Shadow #1) by Christine Feehan | 2.5 out of 5
- Twisted Palace (Royals #3) by Erin Watt | 2.5 out of 5
- Ruled (Outlaws #3) by Elle Kennedy | 3 out of 5
- Someone Like You (Oxford #3) by Lauren Layne | 5 out of 5
- One Snowy Night (Heartbreaker Bay #2.5) by Jill Shalvis | 4 out of 5
My favorite read of the month goes to Someone Like You by Lauren Layne. It was a book that I’ve been looking forward to for such a long time and seriously, it’s Lincoln Mathis! I’m so stinkin’ glad that the hype in my head for Lincoln’s story was upheld because it was so stinkin’ good. I loved it so much! But the book doesn’t come out until next month so I won’t be giving it away just yet. Honorable mentions to Keepsake by Sarina Bowen (Yay for Zach) and The Hating Game by Sally Thorne. Both books were fantastic!
My least favorite book of the month goes to Shadow Rider by Christine Feehan and Twisted Palace by Erin Watt. Both books left me disappointed. I wanted to like Shadow Rider but the hero drove me right up the wall and Twisted Palace was a let down because it was different from what I expected and have come to love about this series. I was left wanting more from everyone (except Reed) and the new characters made me want to punch someone right in the face so meh.
This month we’re giving away:
If you want to be entered to win, leave a comment on this post telling us what your favorite – and least favorite – reads of the month were. Also, be sure to tell us what book you’re interested in winning. You can put your name in for more than one book, but you’ll only be allowed to win one, so choose wisely.
So…what was your favorite read of the month? And your least favorite? Use the Rafflcopter Widget to enter! Good luck!