Casee: This has been my best reading month since April. I was just as busy, but I had more chunks of time to sit down and read. Does that even make sense? It seems very convoluted to me. I also discovered Rebecca Zanetti who is a new-to-me author. I read five of her books and am reading the sixth one now. I still have another one after that. I love both of the series that I read, but I did like the Scorpius Syndrome series the best. Here’s my list for August.
- The Angels’ Share by J.R. Ward | 4 out of 5
- The Right Kind of Trouble by Shiloh Walker | 3.75 out of 5
- Wild Embrace by Nalini Singh | 4.25 out of 5
- Sting by Sandra Brown | 3.5 out of 5
- Mercury Striking by Rebecca Zanetti | 4.25 out of 5
- Shadow Falling by Rebecca Zanetti | 4 out of 5
- Her Darkest Nightmare by Brenda Novak | 3.75 out of 5
- The Purest Hook by Scarlett Cole | 3.75 out of 5
- Ruthless by Lexi Blake | 4.25 out of 5
- Forgotten Sins by Rebecca Zanetti | 3 out of 5
- Sweet Revenge by Rebecca Zanetti | 3.75 out of 5
- Blind Faith by Rebecca Zanetti | 4 out of 5
You’re probably looking at my ratings of the Zanetti books and wonder why I’m reading the last three books. The answer is I don’t effing know. The series has me hooked even though one of them has a TSTL heroine. I haven’t had one of those in quite sometime. My favorite books of the month were Mercury Striking by Rebecca Zanetti and Ruthless by Lexi Blake.
Holly: You guys! I read books in August! I can’t tell you how happy that makes me.
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman (reread) | 5 out of 5
- Midnight Soul by Kristen Ashley | 3.5 out of 5
- Down Shift by K. Bromberg | DNF
- Guardian’s Mate by Jennifer Ashley | DNF
- Rock Wedding by Nalini Singh | 3.5 out of 5
- Magic Binds by Ilona Andrews | 4.5 out of 5
- Archangel’s Heart by Nalini Singh | 4.25 out of 5
- Three Wishes by Kristen Ashley (reread) | 3.25 out of 5
- Exposure by Susan Andersen (reread) | 3 out of 5
- White Lies by Linda Howard (reread) | 3.75 out of 5
- The Return of Eden McCall (reread) | 3.75 out of 5
Although I DNF’d the Ashley and Bromberg novels, I didn’t dislike either of them. I just wasn’t in the mood. I plan to go back to them at a later date. My favorite read of the month was Magic Binds by Ilona Andrews. Kate has always been kickass, but now that she’s coming into her power? Damn. Archangel’s Heart was a close second.
My least favorite read was probably Midnight Soul by Kristen Ashley. I didn’t dislike it, I just didn’t love it as much as some of the others I read.
Rowena: I had an okay reading month. I wanted to finally catch up on my reading challenges but that didn’t happen. Oh well. Still I read some quality romances and that made me happy.
Here’s what I read:
- Wild Embrace (Psy/Changelings #15.5) by Nalini Singh | 4 out of 5
- No Mistress of Mine (An American Heiress in London #4) by Laura Lee Guhrke | 4 out of 5
- The Rogue Not Taken (Scandal & Scoundrels #1) by Sarah MacLean | 4.75 out of 5
- A Scot in the Dark (Scandal & Scoundrels #2) by Sarah MacLean | 1 out of 5
- Rookie Move (Brooklyn Bruisers #1) by Sarina Bowen | 4 out of 5
- Who’s That Girl? by Mhairi McFarLane | 3 out of 5
- The Year We Fell Down (Ivy Years #1) by Sarina Bowen (re-read) | 4.25 out of 5
- The Trouble with Mistletoe (Heartbreaker Bay #2) by Jill Shalvis | 3.5 out of 5
- Just One Week by Alice Gaines | 1 out of 5
- Do You Want to Start a Scandal? (Spindle Cove #5) by Tessa Dare | 4.25 out of 5
- Bedmates (American Royalty #1) by Nichole Chase | 3.5 out of 5
My favorite read of the month goes to The Rogue Not Taken by Sarah MacLean. That book had me laughing, happy sighing and then damn near swooning all over the place. I loved the hero, the heroine and their constant bickering. They were freaking great.
My least favorite reads of the month were A Scot in the Dark by Sarah MacLean (I know, OMG) and Just One Week by Alice Gaines. Both books just did not work for me. I struggled through both books with one thing or another. Gah.
This month we’re giving away:
If you want to be entered to win, leave a comment on this post telling us what your favorite – and least favorite – reads of the month were. Also, be sure to tell us what book you’re interested in winning. You can put your name in for more than one book, but you’ll only be allowed to win one, so choose wisely.
So…what was your favorite read of the month? And your least favorite? Use the Rafflcopter Widget to enter! Good luck!