Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
January 12: Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn’t
Rowena: There are so many books that came out last year that I had every intention of digging right into but any number of reasons popped up and I never got around to getting those books read. Here’s a very small snippet of the list of books that released last year that I never got around to reading…but wanted to.
1) Cold Hearted Rake by Lisa Kleypas. Lisa Kleypas made her way back to writing historicals for Avon last year and I had every intention of reading her book, only I never got around to it. I was a little bummed because it’s Lisa freaking Kleypas but goodness, if only I had more time.
2) Sweet by Tammara Webber. I have read and enjoyed each and every single book that I’ve read by Tammara Webber and yet for some reason, I never got around to reading this one. I know that I’d enjoy it, cause Holly did and we normally always enjoy the same books but this one slipped through the cracks for me.
3) Him by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy. Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy wrote a book together last year and I couldn’t wait to dig in to this book so why I didn’t read it, only God knows. LOL.
4) Midnight Captive by Elle Kennedy. This is the book that I’m still kicking myself for not having read last year. I had every intention of reading this book, I was so looking forward to it. I read the entire series last year and enjoyed each book but then this one came out and it’s been sitting on my TBR shelf ever since. I have issues cause I don’t even remember why I never got around to reading this one. I just didn’t.
5) Deep by Kylie Scott. This entire series was at the top of my TBR list for 2015. I specifically put it up at the top because I was mighty interested in reading this entire series and then I just never got around to it. Blah. I will definitely be reading these books in 2016, I promise!
6) Waking the Dragon by Juliette Cross. I’ve read a couple books by Cross and I’ve been looking for new Dragon shifter books, so this should have been an easy grab for me. For some reason I just couldn’t get into it. I don’t think it was the book, though, so I’m going to try again soon.
7) Chase the Darkness by J.D. Tyler. I’m several books behind in this series, but I was really anxious for this particular story.
8) Cold-Hearted Rake by Lisa Kleypas. I love Kleypas’ historicals, yet I never read this one. I think I was scared it wouldn’t live up to my expectations for her writing.
9) Dukes Prefer Blondes by Loretta Chase. I just plain forgot about this one until Rowena and Tracy both mentioned it in their Best of lists.
10) Alex by Sawyer Bennett. KristieJ recommended this to me on GR, and I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about the author, but I didn’t get around to it. This was actually released in 2014, but it’s the first in the series, so I’m listing it instead of Garrett, which was released in 2015. I’m going to make it a priority this month to read the series.
What books did you want to read in 2015 but never got around to reading?