What are your top three book hates?
Bad book covers (ask Holly, she gets mad at me every time I skip a book because I don’t like the cover), authors behaving badly (I won’t pick up their books if they treat readers like shit) and reading a hardcover book with the jacket on. I just hate it.
Describe your perfect reading spot.
The perfect reading spot would be a reading nook with lots of pillows next to a gigantic window that overlooks the lake or the beach. All that natural light and comfortable pillows? I want to be there now…and always.
Tell us three book confessions.
– I can’t remember the last paranormal book that I’ve read. I want to say it was a Nalini Singh book but it’s been so long that I just can’t remember.
– I have sat in Church and read from some smutty books. Shh, don’t tell anyone.
– When I used to read print books, I dog-eared my pages to save my spot. For some reason, lots of readers hate this.
When was the last time you cried while reading a book?
I’m a crybaby all the time but the one book that comes to mind when I was boo hooing it up was Here’s Looking at You by Mhairi McFarlane. The heroine was bullied when she was in high school and she runs into one of the guys that tormented her back in the day and he doesn’t recognize her at all. Her story made me cry my way through the entire thing. It was good.
What is your favorite snack while you’re reading?
Like Kookie, I hardly ever snack while I’m reading but my drink of choice to have on hand is either Dr. Pepper or Snapple Peach Tea.
Name three books you would recommend to everyone.
– For adult romances, Heart of Fire by Linda Howard. It’s one of those books that at first, I had no plans to ever read because it didn’t sound like something I’d enjoy but Holly made me read it and holy crap, it’s STILL one of my favorite books.
– For YA lovers, I’d probably go with The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It’s a fantastic story about two cancer kids who are just trying to find their own little infinities. I loved it.
– Unspoken by Jen Frederick or Before You Break by Christina Lee. Both are fantastic NA books. Loved them both.
Show us a picture of your favorite bookshelf on your bookcase.
I don’t have a favorite bookshelf on my bookcase. I like all of my shelves.
Write how much books mean to you in just three words.
Always an adventure.
What is your biggest reading secret?
I don’t think I have one. At least, I can’t remember…sorry!