Every Part of You is a five part erotic romance serial about Simone and Elliott, two strangers who discover they have a lot more in common than either of them thinks. The story follows them through the stages of their relationship – they meet, notice their attraction, act on it, deny it, and finally admit it. It’s perfect for readers who like to consume their fiction in short, sizzling bites or for those who like to practice patience and consume the entire serial all at once!
Trivia and facts about Every Part of You!
1. The five subtitles are Tempts Me, Resists Me, Taunts Me, Denies Me and Takes Me.
2. Simone’s last name was originally Cooper, but in the revision stage I realized I’d named another heroine Stella Cooper. Simone needed a new last name! So she became Simone Kahan.
3. Elliott’s a great dancer, and has taken lessons and even won competitions. He never tells Simone this in the story, but his favorite dance is the Jitterbug. And she’d never have guessed it, because she thinks he’s too buttoned up and straight-laced to like a dance that fast.
4. Simone’s likes pain, but is not a submissive. She knows that makes it sort of complicated to find someone who “gets” her. But when she does, she’s completely invested in making it work.
5. Elliott makes a lot of money but doesn’t really like to spend it. He grew up poor and in the back of his mind, he’s always got to make sure he has enough. This doesn’t mean he doesn’t enjoy luxuries now and then. Just that he’s not a spendthrift.
6. Simone, on the other hand, sometimes stretches the edges of living within her means. Never because she has to have that new pair of shoes or an exotic trip, but because as with everything else about her, she doesn’t believe in self-denial. And she believes in working hard to reward yourself.
7. I wrote Every Part of You in five distinct pieces, each its own story and section of the plot, rather than writing one entire book and then cutting it into pieces to release it as a serial. Each piece is meant to move the story forward while honoring an overall character and plot arc, so that you can read each installment and feel satisfied, while also being able to read all the pieces in a row (if that’s how you like to do it!)
8. Every Part of You takes place in Philadelphia, PA, though Simone is originally from New Jersey.
9. Elliott’s maternal grandparents are incredibly wealthy but have nothing to do with him (or his mother) and because of them, he donates a large amount to local charities that help out at-risk kids.
10. Elliott and Simone work in the same building, though for different offices. Because the building is shaped like an L, she’s able to watch him from her office window.
Every Part of You: Tempts Me, available 2/4/14
Every Part of You: Resists Me, available 2/18/14
Every Part of You: Taunts Me, available 3/4/14
Every Part of You: Denies Me, available 3/18/14
Every Part of You: Takes Me, available 4/1/14
Blurb for Every Part of You: Denies Me (#4)
Passion has bloomed to love, but when Elliott’s estranged father shows up back on the scene, he brings trouble with him. The dating thing goes well at first, with both of them taking things slow…though their passion can’t be contained. But when Elliott’s stepmother tells him she’s been in touch with his father, Elliott’s past comes back to remind him that hurting other people is wrong. Despite Simone trying to tell him there’s a difference between the sort of things they do in the bedroom and hurting someone in anger, Elliott again puts up an emotional block and Simone seeks refuge in a former lover’s embrace.
Excerpt from Every Part of You: Denies Me (#4)
Oh, god, that belly. Those long, long legs. His jaw. His thighs.
Simone was in a fever of remembering every part of his body. It felt like a fever, literally, her body temperature a few degrees above normal as she tossed and turned in her bed and tried to convince herself not to get in a cab and go to his house.
He’d open the door for her, if she knocked. He would let her inside. He would let her put her mouth on him, all over him, and at the thought of that, another shivery series of shudders trembled through her. There’d been things in her life that Simone had desired more than she wanted to take Elliott’s cock in her mouth, but just then she couldn’t think of a single one.
She’d taken a cold shower, but all that had done was get her nipples erect and her clit pulsing. Now, flopping back against her pillows with the ceiling fan spinning lazily overhead to dry her off before she got dressed, all she could do was close her eyes and think about pushing him back onto his bed and climbing up his body to center her pussy over his eager, waiting mouth.
The air on her body felt so amazing, she didn’t want to put on clothes. Simone ran her hands over her breasts, tweaking the nipples even harder. It had been a month since the last time she and Elliott had fucked, a couple weeks since that first date when she’d lost her mind and said good night without fucking his brains out.
They had another date tonight.
“You did the right thing,” she told herself aloud as her hands roamed over her body. “You’re loco for this dude; you need to slow it down or you’re going to end up on his doorstep at three in the morning with mascara running down your cheeks, sobbing and asking him why he doesn’t love you.”
That had been one of Aidan’s ex-girlfriends, the one from just before he and Simone had started dating. The woman had shown up at his apartment without fail two Saturday nights out of the month, drunk and morose and a hot mess. Simone hadn’t been jealous or threatened by her, but damn, had she learned a lesson about self-esteem and the importance of maintaining it.
She’d vowed she would never be that girl. She knew for a straight-up fact that Elliott was an emotionally unavailable mess. She could fuck him until they were both raw. She could let him take her out to dinner and concerts. She could even spend hours with him on the phone, laughing so hard she thought she might pass out from lack of air.
But she could not, would not fall in love with him.
Readers – sometimes, it’s so hard to deny your attraction to someone even when you know they’re not right for you. Have you ever been in that situation, and what did you do about it? Comment here to win a digital copy of Every Part of You: Tempts Me (#1). If you already have #1, you can pick #2, #3 or #4! Winner must be able to take the prize from Amazon.com, BN.com or iBookstore.