March was a slow reading month for me (in comparison to Jan and Feb, anyway). I started the month out (unfortunately) with a total wallbanger and it ruined my reading mojo.
March 2 – Snowbound by Janice Kay Johnson – 3.5/5
March 2 – Trouble in High Heels by Leanne Banks – 3.5/5
March 3 – All of Me by Lori Wilde – 2/5
March 12 – Temptation Ridge by Robyn Carr – 4/5
March 12 – Paradise Valley by Robyn Carr – 4/5
March 13 – Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips – 4.5/5 (re-read)
march 16 – Slow Hands by Leslie Kelly – 3/5
March 18 – Too Hot To Handle by Robin Kaye – 2.5/5
March 20 – Irresistible Forces by Brenda Jackson – 4.25/5
March 21 – The Key by Lynsay Sands – 4.25/5
March 22 – Dream a Little Dream by Susan Elizabeth Phillips – 4.75/5(re-read)
March 23 – Giving Chase by Lauren Dane – 4.25/5
March 24 – Taking Chase by Lauren Dane – 3.25/5
March 25 – Chased by Lauren Dane – 4/5
Sadly I read quite a few wallbangers this month. I really hate it when that happens. I have to say my best read of the month was The Key by Lynsay Sands with honorable mentions to Giving Chase by Lauren Dane and both Susan Elizabeth Phillips re-reads I did. My worst reads for the month were All of Me by Lori Wilde (a HUGE disappointment since it’s the last in her Wedding Veil Wishes series) and, even more sadly for me, Too Hot Too Handle by Robin Kaye.
Just out of curiosity – I list my reads by the date I read them. Would you prefer I just number them, instead of listing them by the date? Do you care one way or the other?
Holly, if that’s a slow going month for you then I should just go on ahead and kick the bucket because I sucked more this month than I did last month. So much for my “I’m gonna do better next month” mantra I had going at the beginning of March.
Oh well, here’s my list:
- Cry for Passion by Robin Schone- DNF. This was a DNF for me because I just couldn’t get into it but I don’t think it had anything to do with the book. I think it was my own issues and my mood. I wasn’t in the mood to read this kind of book so I put it down, I read about 90 pages before I put it down…does it still count?
- Catch of the Day by Kristan Higgins- 4 out of 5.
- The Boyfriend Game by Stephie Davis- 4.5 out of 5.
- Blue Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas- 5 out of 5.
- Redneck Cinderella by LuAnn McLane- 4 out of 5.
- The Girl Most Likely To by Susan Donovan- 4.5 out of 5.
- Wicked Burn by Beth Kery- 4 out of 5.
- I’m In No Mood for Love by Rachel Gibson- 4.75 out of 5.
- Her Notorious Viscount by Jenna Petersen- 4.5 out of 5.
- Some Like It Wild by Teresa Medeiros- 4 out of 5.
As far as enjoyment goes, this month was a good month. I didn’t read any books that were so bad, I wanted to shoot myself between the eyes so because of that, I’m a happy camper. Hands down, my favorite read of the month goes to BLUE EYED DEVIL by Lisa Kleypas. That book was just too good for words and Lisa Kleypas really knocked it out of the park with that one for me. A couple of honorable mentions go out to I’m In No Mood for Love, The Boyfriend Game by Stephie Davis and The Girl Most Likely To by Susan Donovan. I’m in No Mood for Love was a reread that I absolutely loved all over again and TBG was a great little book that I enjoyed with my niece so I would definitely recommend that book to any young daughter out there who’s looking for a cute and funny read. The Girl Most Likely To was another great read of the month, thanks to Holly for threatening to kick my ass if I don’t read that book. It was good, I enjoyed it. A lot. So woo hoo for me!
March was a realllly slow reading month for me, too. The month started out slow when I just couldn’t decide what to read. Then I got sick and it took me over a week to read one book. The number of books I read in March is probably less than half the number I read in February. It’s really quite sad.
1. The Fortune Hunter by Jasmine Haynes
2. Show and Tell by Jasmine Haynes
3. Kill For Me by Karen Rose
4. A Perfect Darkness by Jamie Rush
5. Blood Magic by Jennifer Lyon
6. Paradise Valley by Robyn Carr
7. Maverick by Lora Leigh
8. Dead Right by Cate Noble
9. Love at First Flight by Marie Force
Yep, a total of nine books for the month of March. Pathetic, I tell you. By far, my favorite read of the month was Blood Magic. I can’t recommend this book enough. I’m ready to put March behind me and see what April brings.
So, to make a not-so-great reading month a little better, we’ve decided to give away a copy of some of our favorite March reads. The books that are up for grabs are:
All you have to do is leave a comment by Sunday, April 5th at 11:59pm (PDT) telling us either how many books you read in March or what your favorite read in March was. Good luck!
ETA: Please let us know what book you’re interested in from the above list! Thanks!!